PSHE at Great Meols
Great Meols Primary is committed to supporting pupils’ spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development and prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life, as set out in Section 78 of the Education Act 2002. We ensure that children are taught about safeguarding, including online, through teaching and learning opportunities, as part of providing a broad and balanced curriculum.
Our aim is to ensure that children:
• feel valued, respected and cared for, regardless of race, gender, ability or disability;
• develop a positive self-image;
• increase self-awareness and enhance self-esteem;
• are aware of their feelings and be able to express them appropriately;
• experience success – to know that they can achieve; learn to cope with failure;
• are self-reliant, self-motivated and self-disciplined;
• face challenges positively
• set goals for themselves.
From the academic year 2019 – 2020, Great Meols will primarily follow the Heartsmart curriculum resources.