Healthy Meals and Healthy Eating
Food for life
If children eat better, they feel better, play better and work better. At Great Meols Primary School our healthy eating policy is carefully designed to ensure all children enjoy access to a nutritional and carefully balanced diet whilst on school premises.
Our suppliers – Taylor Shaw Catering Services - are a North West based company who pride themselves on providing a consistently high standard of fresh food, fresh cooking, and craft trained catering teams, offering exceptional service. They use fresh, sustainable, locally procured ingredients, freshly prepared on site, giving parents and the school the peace of mind that children can have a healthy meal at lunchtime.
In the classroom, children are taught cooking skills and are given the food education they need for good health and to reach their full potential.
- Spring/Summer 2017 menu8 February 2017
- Menu from September 20165 July 2016
- School Policies
- The children have settled very well back into the school routine; they are working hard, behaving well and thoroughly enjoying the new playground equipment....Posted on Wed 7th September 2016
- We were very lucky with the weather and had a wonderful day of sporting activities. The children took part enthusiastically in the various competitions and demonstrated excellent...Posted on Wed 25th May 2016
- As part of their science curriculum (learning about the life cycle of animals) the Year 1 children have been looking after some chick eggs and watching them hatch in their classroo...Posted on Wed 25th May 2016